This website www.efaqt.com (this “Website”) is operated and managed by or on behalf of eFaqt B.V. (“eFaqt”). Our address is: Barbarra Strozzilaan 201, 1083HN Amsterdam, Netherlands. Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
eFaqt respects the privacy of the visitors to its Website. Due care will be exercised when processing and securing users’ personal data. In this respect eFaqt complies with the requirements stipulated in the Dutch Data Protection Act and any applicable local data protection rules and legislation. Nevertheless, you must realize that it is impossible to provide a comprehensive guarantee that data will be secure on the Internet.
- Why and how does eFaqt collect personal data?
- To whom may eFaqt provide personal data?
- Is eFaqt responsible for other websites?
- How is the personal data secured?
- How long is the personal data retained?
- Which rights do you have?
- Where can you go with respect to questions regarding the protection of personal data?
1 Why and how does eFaqt collect personal data?
eFaqt only collects personal data, which is provided on a voluntary basis when an online form is completed and sent, or when an e-mail message is transmitted. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- your name
- your email address
- your country
- your level of education
- your date of birth
- your university or other authority
- your studies
- your language
By providing your personal data you consent to eFaqt saving them in a file which has the appropriate security measures. eFaqt may use this data for the following purposes:
- to register you as member and for member administration
- to conduct market research and business development
- to further develop our product and our Website, in particular with respect to user-friendliness
- to process payments
- to send you reminders by email, text message, or otherwise, in connection with the learning process
- to provide you with information about the development of the Website and promotions that may be of interest to you from ourselves
- to develop and manage marketing campaigns for all members and also of ‘customized’ members’ communications. Please note that in both cases marketing communications may be sent through sms, mms, e-mail and paper mail, and marketing material may be promotional material such as brochures and similar material, and promotional information on the our products and events organized by us or to which we take part
- to process enquiries received via the Website
- to send you newsletters by email or regular post
- to indicate on the Website that you have provided certain information in order to secure the quality of the information in the data base
- any other purpose indicated at the time you voluntarily provide your personal data.
If you, after submitting personal data to eFaqt, wish us to cease using it for the purposes of sending you direct marketing material and/or news letters, you can click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email from eFaqt or notify eFaqt thereof by sending an email to email@example.com .
2 To whom may eFaqt provide personal data?
From time to time the personal data you have provided to us, may be shared with our service providers who provide support with respect to the maintenance and the management of the Website. These services providers may only use the personal data when they provide services for eFaqt and/or for purposes for which eFaqt has collected this data, and they are not allowed to use your personal data for other purposes.
Moreover, we may share data with our third party partners, such as publishers or educational institutions. This information will be disclosed to our third party partners in the form of anonymized statistics. Our partners use your information for market research and to offer you personalized promotions from time to time. Educational institutions may use your information for insight into the performance and progress of (certain groups of) their students.
eFaqt undertakes not to communicate your personal data to any other party without your prior consent, unless it is required to do so in accordance with any provision of the law or a court judgment.
3 Is eFaqt responsible for other websites?
The Website may contain references (such as hyperlinks, banners or buttons) to other websites. This does not mean that eFaqt is related to these other websites or the owners thereof. eFaqt is therefore not responsible for the compliance with the privacy legislation by these third parties.
4 How is the personal data secured?
eFaqt ensures that adequate technical and organizational measures are taken to secure your personal data against loss or any unlawful processing.
5 How long is the personal data retained?
eFaqt will keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services and to conduct our legitimate business interest or where otherwise required by law. eFaqt may retain certain personal data after termination of your account.
6 Which rights do you have?
Under the terms of the applicable data protection rules and legislation you are entitled to inspect and, if necessary, correct any personal data concerning you. Furthermore, you are entitled to object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes at any time. To this end you may address a request for such inspection, correction and/or objection to eFaqt B.V. at the following address: Barbarra Strozzilaan 201, 1083HN Amsterdam, Netherlands or by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
8 Where can you go with respect to questions regarding the protection of personal data?
You may address a request for answers to any such concerns to eFaqt B.V. at the following address: Barbarra Strozzilaan 201, 1083HN Amsterdam, Netherlands, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, or by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com .
This document has been revised on January 15th, 2014.